Subject: Re: Video Boards...
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Weiler)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 22:27:16 -0700

>
>
>Since OpenGL board discussion is becoming rather popular, (I can't wait to
>do shaded real-time previews on my Raptor!) I thought I would tap into the
>tree of knowledge for some info about video cards.
>
>Are there any video boards available that have S-VGA, and Composite (or
>even better, S-VHS) outputs as well as OpenGL or GLint support?
>
>What is the typical price for a board of this configuration?
>
>Are there any other kind of AFFORDABLE scan converters available that will
>output S-VGA to a Composite/S-VHS signal?
>

Not to sound curt, but you're barking up the wrong tree. Scan conversion is
going around the block to get next door, boards like the PVR are for output
to videotape, video boards are for onscreen work display. Someday OpenGL may
evolve to where you can do realtime rendering to tape, but at the moment
it's more a preview media. 

Andrew Weiler
----------------------------------------------------------------------
                           Active Images
          3D Graphic Design and Animation
        http://www.mindspring.com/~aweiler/
                 [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------